Monday, April 11, 2011

$83 and No Coupons!


I have lots of fish and frozen veggies in the freezer but for some reason my family doesn't want fish 5 times a week so.... I had $100, no time and a husband that would be in charge of dinner the next two nights. I went to Kroger because I had seen boneless skinless chicken breast on sale for $1.99 this week. 
I bought 8 packages of chicken each about 1 1/2 pounds
along with two 10 packs of pork chops (marked down)
3 packages of thin sliced steak for fajitas (marked down)
4 one pound packages of ground beef (on sale)
2 three pound packages of ground turkey on sale BOGO (works out to $ .99 a pound)
I got sugar on sale, chips, tortillas, avocado, lettuce, sour cream and some mini chocolate chips to make muffins and to top off our waffles:)
I saved over $50 and didn't use a single coupon! My daughter was in shock that I bought groceries with out any coupons. Truth be told I was on my way to a big warehouse store to splurge with my $100. I talked to my husband and he said "you always spend wisely, do what ever you think is best". I realized I really wanted to go get frozen yogurt and pizza in the food court but I decided to turn the car around and my hunch paid off.  I got a lot more food for my family going elsewhere and I didn't even use coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment